Monday 26 November 2012

Meeting Good Gays Seems So Hard...

Hey everyone,

So it seems I've settled now in London, I'm really liking my new place and the variety that London brings to life. In fact it has been very tiring at times as I've been constantly meeting friends or going out exploring or going out exercising etc - its great but can tire you out so have also had to take a day or two breathers and just vegetate on my bed and watch movies online.

I have been out and about in Gay London a couple of times but it seems so hard to meet good gays - and by that I mean gays who aren't scene queens or just after the old hanky panky, Over the last year I have met a few gooduns but through circumstance each time I haven't been able to hold onto them.

Sometimes I often feel like the gay world isn't for me - when I go to some of these bars I feel a bit alien in that if it wasn't for me being gay I wouldn't be there, they are loud, some very camp, with expensive (rip off) drinks and guys looking you up and down every time you walk past. I only go to chat to gay guys and hopefully find some cool guys I would want to hang out with but that doesn't seem to happen very often. But when it has happened I had some really nice times - totally worth all the downers it took to get there! Imagine if I could feel like this most of the time with a good gay and supportive network? Would be awesome!



male model
OK if I saw this guy out and about I would definitely ask him out...after having a few shots!

I went to a gay club the other day (I hardly ever go to these - ever) and it was...well...horrible. I went with a couple others and it was very cliquey, there was attitude seeping out of the walls, druggies dotted around the place and it just wasn't a relaxed atmosphere - felt a bit tense to me. Won't be going back there again.....

London has so much to offer, and I'm trying to take full advantage of being here, but its hard as I think I have too fixed an idea of what I'm looking for - perhaps I just need to chill the fuck out and get over all this gay stuff, but its a big part of me and something I want to explore further so I guess that isn't an option - not completely anyway - and tbh I've been trying to close off the gay part of me for years and needless to say it doesn't work!

I could join some gay social groups in London but they make me cringe a little due to them being all "im gay and here to meet other gays because im gay so lets be gay together" it just feels ... too ... gay? I know that doesn't sound very politically correct and I acknowledge its nonsense but I guess I'm just trying to live the gay life on the DL and have it a la carte - ok that was a very gay thing to say so I'm going to wrap this up before I divulge how I recently couldn't help but click on a kim kardashian link on google - I swear I'm not that camp or anything but she makes hilarious tv lol

Cheers fellaz - and if anyone has any suggestions about where to meet nice genuine fellas in London let me know! I'm serious!

GayLadForLife ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment