Friday 24 May 2013

Gay London - Gay Men Tales

Hey all

Thought I'd give a little update as to my gay escapades in London - as usual had some good experiences, and some bad, will give you a little glimpse into how its been...all feedback appreciated



soho
Picadilly Circus - soho, where a few nights out have started

New Bar in Soho

So I checked out a gay bar in Soho that I've never been in before, I just wanted to check it out and had nothing to do that night so trundled along by myself and got a drink at the bar - as usual nowhere to sit at the bar, so I went and found a table. Before I could sit down these guys started talking to me from the neighbouring table, both of whom were a number of years older than me but I'll happily talk to anyone so long as they're not rude...however it didn't stay that way for long... One of the guys was really rude, passive aggressive and obviously quite drunk, he was asking all these inappropriate questions and telling me all about tops and bottoms - I was like huh? I don't care what you guys are...but he didn't quite get the message. I remember thinking "oh god THIS is why I shouldn't come to these bars by myself" and promptly left...there was a drag act on that night too and that is sooooooooooooooo not my thang lol

HEAVEN

A few weeks ago I went somewhere I swore I would never go again - HEAVEN in Charing Cross. The first time I went I was stuck there as I went with this group  of guys who said they were going to stay there all night till morn but left after a few hours and I had to wait in London for hours outside the train station to get home! Also, its not really my scene to be honest - I much more prefer pubs these days to clubs but I don't mind clubbing every now and then...providing its not Heaven! I went this time with a group of guys who were all really fun, especially this one guy who was a right laugh...like genuinely really funny...one of his friends was getting arsey with me though because apparently he liked me and thought I was ignoring him...which I was a little bit as I didn't want him to think I was interested and badger me...I guess I wanted to keep him at a distance as ... well.... he seemed very needy and wanting and I'd known him for about 30 minutes... whenever he came over to me he pulled this sort of "why aren't you talking to me more" face and was asking me who I liked in the club - which is a sure fire way to tell if a guy likes you as they really want to know the types of guys you go for to see if they have a chance - but anyway to cut a long story short things turned a little sour when I didn't leave with them for their after hour festivities.....I'm just not the kinda guy who does that...especially if it might have been a group thing!


The Man

Recently, like very recently, I met one of the hottest guys I've ever met in my entire life when I was out. I mean he caught my eye and I couldn't not look at him, especially when he smiled at me. He seemed just as interested in me as I was in him which I was quite flattered by, he gave me amazing compliments which was cool and we chilled out for a while together. The thing is, I think I knew it was doomed from the start in terms of seeing him again - you know sometimes you can just tell that some guys have other stuff going on and when they're a bit vague about themselves (as I often am....huh...) but I told myself to go for it and asked for his number...funnily enough I got it aswell. However, after a few exchanged texts I got the one I suspected might come at some point, telling me about how he was still involved and now wasn't a good time for anything etc etc. I don't even know if he was out but I think he may have thought I wanted something semi-serious but I only really wanted to hang out together again really. I was disappointed as he was the type of guy I go for and had a killer smile. When you're closeted the short bursts of time you spend with someone can be really fun and interesting but they never lead to anything for one reason or another, but at least I got to kiss one of the hottest guys I've ever seen in a while and went for it in terms of asking him if he wanted to see each other again (which I don't do that often) so that's progress right?





Gay colleagues at work

At work there's about 2/3 gay people on the floor (not including me ofcourse...lol) and I wonder how good their gaydar is with me? Weirdly enough I've been asked in gay bars if I'm straight so I guess I behave straight (you know what I mean) but I do think a couple of the gays around me suspect. Their senses are quite fine tuned, or I'm just a little more gay than I realise lol, but the way one guy looks at me its like he knows - I can't even explain it...maybe he's seen me at a gaybar or something I don't know but something is up...or he just wants me ;-) haha. Oh and once I saw a gay guy from work enter a gay bar that I was JUST ABOUT to go into, jeeez that would have terrified me! Now that could have been interesting.....




I've been thinking recently I've been on the gay scene for about 2 years on and off (thereabouts, give or take a few months), by no means regularly, and in fact quite sparsely, but I hope I don't bump into these guys I write about and have met again anytime soon (unless its "The Man" mentioned above or one or two others who were great guys) as it would be so cringeworthy. Its happened once or twice and its been awkwaaaaaaaaaaaard lol

I do think I will go on the gay scene even less in future, I know in the past I've said 'never again' due to some things that have happened, and tbh it really isn't my scene as I'm not 100% comfortable in it, and probably wouldn't be even if I was completely out etc, but I know I will go again at some point...it keeps pulling me back in!

Hope it was a good read - all comments welcome!

Till next time folks

GayLadForLife



No comments:

Post a Comment